What if the automotive industry was more like the computer industry? We at JKR Automotive Advertising recently came across a very funny article comparing the two industries, and we’ll use today’s blog to paraphrase. (Note: We suspected this wasn’t actually true, so we did a little research. Snopes.com says this is false … but it is still funny nonetheless, and worth sharing.)
It begins by detailing the thoughts of a high-ranking official of a major computer company. This person essentially said that if the automotive industry kept up with the technology of the computer industry, today’s auto manufacturers (one was singled out) should be offering $25 cars that get 1,000 miles to the gallon.
Automotive Industry Like Computer’s?
The auto maker’s response allegedly came in the form of a well-thought-out press release that said if their company (and the automotive industry in general) had indeed developed technology like the computer industry, the following things would happen (the most amusing ones are listed here):
(1) For no reason, your car would crash … sometimes multiple times per day.
(2) When the lines in the road were repainted, you would have to buy a new car.
(3) Your car could occasionally die on the road for no reason. When this happened, you would need to close the windows, shut off the car, restart it and re-open the windows before you could proceed ahead.
(4) Executing maneuvers such as left turns could sometimes cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart … which would require you to reinstall the engine.
(5) The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by one single warning light that said “This Car Has Performed an Illegal Operation.”
(6) Airbag systems would ask, “Are You Sure?” before deploying.
(7) You would need to press the “start” button to shut off the engine.
Just imagine the automotive advertising for cars like this! It might be a challenge, but you can bet that JKR Automotive Advertising would still be able to move cars for its clients! To find out what JKR can do for you, call Eric Tigner today at (321) 397-0777. When you do, we’ll give you a free advertising report that details what’s going on in your market – and what your competitors are doing. It’s valuable information you can use … so take the first step and give us a call.
JKR Automotive Advertising: We Move Cars.