What’s old is new again … automotive newsletter marketing is gaining momentum as an effective part of any automotive marketing strategy. Despite all the amazing technological breakthroughs of today, there is still a place for direct mail such as automotive newsletters. Recent research backs up this claim.
Newsletters Evoke Emotion
A study by Millward Brown called “Using Neuroscience to Understand the Role of Direct Mail” recently made its way to my desk. I was intrigued by its findings.
Most striking was the positive impact that happens when someone is able to touch, feel and hold a physical piece of mail. For example, the study shows that:
· When presented with a printed piece, a prospective customer will emotionally process it more than via alternative methods. This means better recollection and brand recognition.
· Printed materials produce greater response in the brain, meaning the reader internalizes the message more effectively.
· When a printed piece is presented, there is additional processing happening in the area involved in processing emotion, which suggests the message is being received very vividly … and vivid is good!
Automotive Newsletter Marketing Gets Attention
Here’s another reason automotive newsletter marketing is effective: It’s seen as much less intrusive than phone calls or e-mails, two other staples used by automotive dealerships (source: July 2011 Journal of Marketing).
A Pitney-Bowes study showed some additional, equally eye-opening numbers:
· More than 70% of those surveyed said they look at direct mail for coupons and specials in an effort to save money.
· 70% say they renewed a relationship with a company they’d stopped doing business with because of direct mail.
· More than 60% of respondents said they preferred direct mail over all other types of direct marketing.
FREE Automotive Newsletter Review
Is your dealership currently involved in an Automotive Newsletter Marketing program? If so, fill out the form to the right and get a FREE Automotive Newsletter review. JKR Advertising & Marketing’s custom newsletters will increase your service business and help you retain your customers. It’s the perfect way to offer money-saving coupons, present your dealership message and highlight products – in a professional, cost-effective presentation.