Nielsen’s Six Rs Show Why Radio Ads Work
Nielsen says radio is a very valuable part of any business’s media mix – including automobile dealers – and it has published a list of six Rs – along with research – to validate their statement. Brad Kelly, the Audio Managing Director at Nielsen, put the list together to illustrate that “for advertisers, radio presents a huge opportunity to connect with consumers.” Read his list, and we believe you’ll be in agreement.
- Remind: Radio’s Recency Delivers. Here, he points out that radio is the closest medium to the point of purchase.
- Register: Radio is a Powerful Digital and Purchaser Driver. Kelly cites studies that show radio drives large numbers of consumers to an advertiser’s online properties.
- Reinforce: Radio Elevates the Media Plan. When combined with other forms of media, Kelly shows that radio is a powerful tool that significantly elevates the effectiveness of the entire media buy.
- Relate: Branding Spots and Celebrity Power. A study showed celebrity-voiced advertisements more effectively increased resonance and engagement – although, as we mentioned in a recent blog, engagement isn’t enough; ads also have to be persuasive enough to make people buy cars!
- Reach: AM/FM Radio Connects with 93% of American Adults Weekly. The precision of radio cannot be understated. No matter what segment you attempt to contact, you have access to almost everyone in it!
- Return: Radio Advertising Positively Impacts Bottom Line Sales. Looking for a high return on your investment? Kelly says you need look no further than radio!
JKR Uses the Six Rs … and Then Some!
Despite radio being the “oldest form of electronic media”, it’s still among the most effective – especially when it comes to local clients, which is right in the wheelhouse of an automobile dealer! After all, people buy from companies they know about and trust … and radio is the perfect way to let the folks in your market get to know you.
FREE Radio Advertising Report
Are your radio advertisements heading in the right direction? Let JKR Advertising tell you! Call Eric Tigner today at (321) 397-0777 and ask for your free Radio Advertising Report. We’ll evaluate your current advertising efforts and give you our complimentary expert feedback.
JKR Automotive Advertising: We Move Cars.